How to Stay Consistent with Nutrition and Workouts
When it comes to our health goals, consistency is key! Let's be honest: we're not always motivated, life happens, we travel, etc. It's not about perfection, but about doing something every day that will move us closer to our goals.
1. Find a type of movement you enjoy. You don't have to do CrossFit or OrangeTheory in order to make progress! If you like long walks in the park, then do that! You can add in a few lunges and jump squats to get your heart rate up.
2. Set short term-goals and tell someone about them. I know for me, I have a goal date in mind and I make sure my team knows so I have that extra level of accountability. No one wants to fall short, so when you tell someone else, it creates an extra layer to help you stay consistent.
3. Exercise in the morning before distractions happen throughout the day. Set your alarm 15-20 minutes early and bust out a quick HIIT routine. It sets the tone for the day and checks your workout off the list.
4. Plan, plan, plan! Have you heard the phrase, "Failing to plan is planning to fail"? Plan ahead with your snacks and meals. Take some time on Sunday to look at your week. Do you have dinners out? If so, look at the menu and know what you will order ahead of time.
5. Keep unhealthy foods out of the house. If you are the one doing the grocery shopping, this shouldn't be hard. You have to learn to take control if you really want to see the results you want. Also, know what foods you can't stop eating. Even if a food is healthy, you have to control yourself! If you know you'll eat an entire bag of nuts, don't keep them in your house.
6. Even when you don't feel like exercising, still do SOMETHING. Go for a bike ride, walk, or do a 10-minute HIIT workout. At least it's something, even when you are unmotivated. If you continue to do that, you will form a really good habit and snap out of the funk you are in.
7. Use the crockpot! It's so easy to throw something together and have it ready when you come home. If you need new recipes, here's the link to my Crockpot and Core ebook. All of the recipes are gluten- and dairy-free!
I hope these tips helped! As always, reach out if you have any questions. My goal is for YOU to succeed!
Written by: Lara Wasserman. You can find more good stuff on Instagram!